Our Life Out Here Logo

Our Life
Out Here

Working Conditions


All applicants for nursing and midwifery positions must hold current Australian registration. 

Further information on registration can be found on the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia website.


Staff immunisation

The Department of Health is committed to ensuring that all health care workers are protected from vaccine preventable diseases. 

Before starting work nurses and midwives must provide immunisation records. For more information see the Staff Immunisation Assessment Form.


Criminal history check and working with children

If you’re offered employment you will need to submit a criminal history record check and a working with children clearance (also called an Ochre Card), at your own expense.

For more information and to apply go to:


International nurses and midwives

All health professionals wishing to practice in Australia must hold Australian registration, have appropriate levels of education, skill and experience as well as the appropriate visa to work in Australia.

For information about Australian registration for overseas practitioners go to these websites:

For information about living and working in Australia go to the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration website.  



For information about career structure, salary and remuneration packages go to the NT Government’s Office for the Commissioner for Public Employment (OCPE).